SAINT-ESTEPHE, BORDEAUX, FRANCEThe Domain of Pez, created in the 15th century, is, along with Calon, the oldest in Saint-Estèphe. In 1452, squire Jean de Briscos ruled the estate; in 1526 the "noble man" Ducos was master, followed by Jean de Pontac in 1585. The Pontac family, who likewise created Haut-Brion, gave Pez its vineyards. The property remained in the hands of descendants -the Marquis d'Aulède and Count de Fumel, Commander of the Province of Guyenne- until the French Revolution. Sold as a property of the state, the domain belonged to the Tarteiron, Balguerie, Lawton, du Vivier, Bernard, and Dousson families in succession. It was purchased in June 1995 by Champagne Louis Roederer.