"Such a delicious bottle of wine. Merlot, Cab Franc and Cab Sauv, red and blackberry aromas with some cherry kicking in. I really like this wine."
History of Vignobles Andre Lurton
1953: André Lurton inherited the historic family estate Château Bonnet in Grézillac and continued the work begun in 1897 by his grandfather, Léonce Récapet. Today, over 300 hectares of vines entitled to the Entre-Deux-Mers and Bordeaux appellations surround the château and Vignobles André Lurton corporate headquarters.
1965: The purchase of Château La Louvière in Léognan, which marked André Lurton's arrival in the Graves region, the historic cradle of Bordeaux wine. It took fifty years to completely overhaul this estate, whose fine reputation goes back a very long way. André Lurton replanted, modernised, and renovated, making sure to preserve everything worth keeping at this jewel of the Pessac-Léognan appellation.
1970: Purchase of Château Couhins-Lurton. Tenant farmer at Couhins since 1967, André Lurton was able to save this Graves great growth from disappearance in the nick of time. The estate was classified in 1953 for its white wines, which are made exclusively with Sauvignon Blanc grapes. The vineyard is tended with meticulous care.
1973: Purchase of Château de Cruzeau in Saint-Médard d’Eyrans (Pessac-Léognan appellation). This estate has an outstanding gravelly terroir, but had been totally abandoned and needed to be renovated from top to bottom. This has since been done. The red and white wines of Château de Cruzeau are popular with lovers of fine wine in France and abroad...
1974: Purchase of Château de Rochemorin in Martillac. The old château built in the Périgourdin style is imbued with the spirit of its former owner, the famous philosopher Charles Louis de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu, author of "The Persian Letters". The vineyards surround the château and grow on soil that is ideal for making fine wine.
1990: Purchase of a 50% shareholding in Château de Barbe Blanche. The other half belongs to Mr & Mrs André Magnon. This beautiful 28-hectare vineyard is located in the heart of the Lussac-Saint-Emilion appellation. Merlot is the main grape variety in the estate's fine red wines.