Established in 1859 in Vertus, and since 1991 run by Carol Duval-Leroy who has been joined by her three sons. Married to Jean Charles, who in the mid eighties had decided to modernise his family company, she was widowed in 1991 and made a promise to take care of the company until their young sons could take over the business. She did more than take care of it, she continued his work and built the company into one of the most prestigious champagne houses,