The first small vineyard was planted on the estate in 1476, and after being donated to a monastic order, it was confiscated by the Assemblee Nationale after the French Revolution. Sold to a Bordeaux winemerchant in 1791, his family owned it for most of the 19th Century. In the early 20th Century, Alfred Bertrand-Taquet, the Mayor of Leognan, ran the property before it went through a period of neglect. Andre Lurton bought the estate in 1965 and it remains with his family to date.